Friday, January 12, 2018

Orientation: Story Map

I am Kelley Chastain.  This is my second semester in the MS GIS program at UWF.  I am a divorced mom of two boys, a senior and junior in high school.  I work full time doing financial counseling, insurance explanations and money management for an adult mental hospital.  I started doing this about 4 years ago (wanted to utilize my BA, Psychology).  Before this I worked for 10 years in a local municipality issuing building permits.  I interacted with "the GIS guy" often in that position.  He was often so overwhelmed that I would have to find a work around to achieve the maps that my department would need (often coping, cutting with scissors and taping copies of plat maps together).  I found an interest in maps that I haven't been able to shake, so here I am pursuing that interest into hopefully a new career.  Check out the Story Map that I made on ESRI.

Kelley's Alabama Story

No comments:

Post a Comment