Monday, February 12, 2018

Module 5: Spatial Statistics


    This week I accessed ESRI’s My Virtual Campus Training to complete Exploring Spatial Patterns in Your Data Using ArcGIS.  I downloaded the data provided.  I used the toolbox: spatial statistic tools>measuring geographic distributions>Mean Center, Median Center and Directional Distribution (shown in the map above).  Utilized Geostatistical Analyst Extension.  I added it from customize>extension>geostatistical (checked) and then customize>toolbars>geostatistical (checked).  From the geostatistical analyst drop down box Explore data> Histogram (bar graph) and Normal QQ Plot (data points compared to normative distribution line).  Continuing the exploration from the geostatistical analyst drop down box Explore data>Voronoi Map to determine the variation in data and Expore Data>Semivariogram Cloud to determine if spatial autocorrelation is present.  Lastly Explore Data>Trend Analysis.  Everything beyond the Mean Center, Median Center and Directional Distribution I am not sure what I was doing.  The training indicated that these are all ways to look at and examine data.  

    No comments:

    Post a Comment